Why hire an editor?
Even the best project can benefit from a fresh set of eyes. Whether you are looking for help at the beginning of your process, or the end, we can help you clarify your message and save you time. Specializing in academic publications, we help authors develop and clarify their message. We work on a variety of technical communications, including grant applications, dissertations, and manuscripts, and we also help non-native speakers polish their documents. While we primarily copyedit and proofread, we are always interested in working on new projects within the sciences.
Types of Editing
- This service helps put the final polish on your document before submission or publication after it has already been edited.
- This service considers of the mechanics, in addition to making suggestions that will make your document clear, concise, and consistent without distorting your voice. Some of the specific changes might include improving choppy sentences and rearranging phrases to clarify logic flow.
- English Language Editing
- This type of editing helps non-native speakers clarify their message, with special emphasis on sentence structure and word choice. It also includes comments and suggestions to help you improve the current project and future projects.
First, fill out the contact form at the bottom of the page, or email us. We will be in touch in with a quote and estimated schedule for your project. Once you have reviewed the quote, let us know you want to book our services and we will give you information about paying the deposit. Currently, payments are processed through Quickbooks and Paypal, with checks accepted in special circumstances. After the deposit is received, work begins on your project and we will be in touch when it is completed, per the agreed schedule. Then, submit your final payment and the completed document is ready to go.
After you receive your edited document, we are happy to answer questions and consult on possible changes.
Quotes are hassle free. They help set timelines and budgets, clarify expectations, and outline potential sticking points. Please send the following items for consideration with your inquiry:
- Sample of project
- Total MS Words
- Level of editing (proofreading, copyediting, English language editing, formatting)
- Type of project (manuscript, grant, dissertation, book, other)
- Timeline for completion
- Summary of your project and goals
- Any other key information
You can fill out the contact form or email. Generally, we respond within 12 hours of the inquiry. We are also available to meet clients in-person in the greater Bryan/College Station area, or elsewhere at the client’s expense.